Sunday, July 29, 2007

The big sell out | Sport | The Observer

The big sell out | Sport | The Observer
An interesting article from Tom Bower about the the foreign takeover of English football clubs. I would have to say i am not usually convinced by his articles on football as i don't think he is a real football fan. But his contention that some owners are looking to get rid of Scudamore would seem to suggest all of these foreign takeovers do have some logic behind them, unfortunately.
David Conn writes http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/story/0,,2134277,00.html
For anybody that loves their football and thinks that things aren't quite what they should be, his columns are a must read.


Is the never ending saga of the Carlos Tevez transfer nearing a resolution, maybe so, although I think I'll believe it when I see it http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6912571.stm
If I am honest whilst I rate him as a player, I am not totally convinced he was worth all this polaver. I am waiting to see what the transfer arrangements are, if it is the two year loan deal, then I think it's a decent move for us. But those reports that quote £10 million for a 2 year loan deal and then £30 million outright transfer make me worry a bit, because he is nowhere near worth £30 million as far as I am concerned. I am glad it seems that Rossi is going to stay, and he is one of the reasons I can't really see why we would be willing to stump up so much for Tevez when we already have a young striker who could possibly be another big potential star for us. And until he is given a decent chance we are never going to see if he can realise that potential, in fact that is the one thing that has been disturbing about our summer transfer activity. I want to see the traditions that Busby laid down continue, and that means that youngsters who come through the ranks given a chance. A lot of the young players who went out on loan last season seemed to me to have the potential to be, at the very least, future squad members.



No comments: