Monday, September 3, 2007

Manchester United 1-0 Sunderland

A win is a win, but we were far from convincing again, especially in the first half. I know we are without our best two forwards, but the way we are playing at the moment, it's as if last year never happened, and we have regressed back to the football that we played for the majority of the three years between titles.
I could not believe the starting line up, fancy playing Anderson centre forward on his home debut, that showed how desperate we are up front at the moment, but it was totally unfair to the player on his home debut. I know it is early days, but this is based on seeing him play for Argentina and West Ham as well, but when everybody is fit, I can't see Tevez forcing his way into the starting line up when the big matches come along.
The first half was pretty abysmal really, there was just nothing at all, and a Sunderland team that have been struggling were very comfortable. The difference between the two halves was unbelievable, I wouldn't say we were anything like being back to our best, but it was a hell of a lot more like a an acceptable performance. And there was one reason and one man, step forward Louis Saha. I know I have been critical, and indeed I still am critical, I still think if there was a chance of selling him we should have. But I have never doubted him as a player, if he was on the pitch, instead of on the treatment table all the time, he would start the vast majority of games and would be a certain starter in the big games for me. I had thought that even when he did get back into the team, that we wouldn't see the best of him straight away because he has been out for so long. But to be fair to him he slotted in straight away and looked like he had never been away. Having seen the highlights now, I didn't realise at the time how direct we went at times when he came on. But that made us less predictable to defend against. Lets hope he stays fit long enough to allow Rooney and Ronaldo to ease their way back into things.
I suppose if you were a mackem you would be disappointed to come to united and end up getting beaten by the odd goal, especially it being a header from a corner. But for us it helps us in our quest for some momentum, and helps scrape some points together whilst we struggle to recapture the form that made us such worthy champs last season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6975609.stm
It looks like the Thai authorities really want Thaksin big time, I suppose the more warrants they put out for him the more chance they will have in extraditing him from the UK. I would think that early elections and an free and fairly elected government would vastly improve the chances of getting their man.


http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/sport/sport2.shtml
Not exactly a reputable source I know, but it's only a matter of time before they sell up. I can't say I like the prospect at us being sold on again to foreign owners, but I suppose there would be upsides for us. One we will be free from that massive debt that is still hovering over us and I would presume a new owner would like to keep his new customers onside by not hammering us in our pockets, and with no debt ( hopefully ) they wouldn't have as much need. I still wouldn't like it, the way Barcelona are run is the nearest thing to the ideal way to run a football club. But I can't deny it would be better than being run by these useless greedy bastards

No comments: