Thursday, December 25, 2014







Caribou - Our Love: His most dance friendly album yet, which would probably put me off the record a little. Problem is, it's a bit of a minor masterpice. His best album  so far!

FKA Twigs - LP1: I'd read a fair bit about this album over the year, without really getting it. But prlomged exposure has really enabled me to

Horsebeach - Horsebeaf:  One of Piccadilly records album of theyear and even if it's home ground favouritism, it is a cracking old school indie guitar album.

Lay Llamas - Ostro: Another Kraurock/pyschedelia indie debut, it's definitely worth a listen, though not at the top end of the spectrum.

Royal Blood - Royal Blood:I'd read differering reviews and heard different views on this two man indie/rock  debut, well it workd for me, a bit of a belting record, Bass and drum rock duo, whatever next.

The 1975 - The 1975: A manchester debut from last year that I never got around to hearing, torn on this one. It is a decent album with some very radio friendly tunes, it's just not really my cup of tea, a bit too 80's and nice.

The Bug - Angels & Devils: Another cracking album, I don't really know what it's categorised as as, but it's pretty darned good.

Ty Segall - Manipulator: Can this guy do know wrong, unbelievabley prolific, Mojo thought this was his best album yet and I can see why. I'm not sure it's his best yet, but he hasn't done anything better, that's for sure. I was going to say he was my favourite rock/indie act of this decade, but  I listened to Queens of the stone age yesterday, still toss up, you'd take that!





No comments: