Thursday, February 19, 2015

  


Music

Aphrodite´s Child - 666: Never mind that I'd never heard this, I'd never even heard of it, until I read about it indirectly recently. I was never that big a fan of Vangelis, but he was the leading light behind this and it is an excellent album. Spot the vocalist?

Johnny Marr - Playland: On a roll with his solo career, this is another cracking album of superior catchy indie rock indie.

Macy Gray - The Way: I'd never listened to an album of hers, heard plenty of singles and the odd track and usually liked them. That perception wasn't wrong, this is a pretty good album, plenty of tunes that stick in your brain.

Mark Lanegan Band - Phantom Radio: Now I've heard plenty of Mark Lanegan and like the cut of his jib, this is not his strongest album, but it's still well worth a listen.

Prince - Art Official Age: I like Prince without being his biggest fan, he brought out 2 albums last year, this was the less raunchier affair. It is a decent listen and has a couple of excellent tunes, but I can't help thinking I'll prefer the other when I get around to listening to it.

SBTRKT - Wonder Where We Land: I can't say I was that overstruck with this, yes it does have it's moments, but not enough for me and there's a couple of tracks where i just have to skip.

The Jazz Epistles - The Complete Recordings: I can't remember where I read about this apartheid era black African jazz combo, but this is a superb jazz record, a must listen.

Thurston Moore - The Best Day: I only got around to Sonic Youth late and there's loads of albums for me to still get ears around. But it doesn't really look as if we're going to be getting any more albums for the forseeable future, so this will be more than enough to be getting on with, loved it.








No comments: