Friday, December 11, 2015





Music

Amp Fiddler - Bassmentality 3: A pretty good mini album from the US  funk/soul/jazz artist, I'd imagine he's pretty good to watch live.

Drinks - Hermits On Holiday: Well I like White Fence, but this miles farther leftfield than Tim Presley's dayjob. But I fucking love it, not that I'll be amongst the multitudes there. I really don't know how to describe it, you wouldn't call it a guitar album, but it is I think!

Dungen - Allas Sak: Another fine album from the Swedish other wordly rock band who incorporate everything but the kitchen sink into their sound, and yet still manage to make tunes you could almost hum, almost!

King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizards - Quarters: I remember talking to an old school friend who returned from Australia where he now lived. It was a few years back now, but I mentioned the lack of a music scene putting me off ever wanting to live there. That was then and this is now, there's fucking loads great Aussie bands of all different genres and this is yet another quality outfit. Grateful Dead meets Frank Zappa, quality.

King Midas Sound - Fennesz - Editions 1: A classy collaboration between electronica and guitar, it veers towards an ambient kind of sound at times, at others tuneful.

Low - Ones and Sixes: This returns to the slower pace that proceeded their last couple of albums. I did really like their last couple of albums, but whilst this probably took longer to get into it's just as good in my book.

The Libertines - Anthems For Doomed Youth:A welcome ruturn for one of the best rock groups these islands have produced post britpop, a good return but no standout tracks and not enough quality to call it a triumphant reurn, a decent , but not outstanding album.




No comments: