Monday, February 29, 2016

Manchester United 3-2 Arsenal

I can't take all this excitement, goals, attacking, off the cuff football, I want my money back. I didn't get carried away by the result on Thursday, after seeing that Danish team in the flesh, I was left wondering how on Earth we managed to lose over there, because they were as bad any away team we have seen all season. So scoring five goals against them has to be put in context.
I had no expectations at all ahead of yesterdays game, and really why should I have had. That defence was just asking for a team to have a go at it. Instead Wenger's lot came here and tried to tippy tap it's way around it. Watching United has been like banging your head against a wall for the last three seasons since Fergie left, fuck know what it must be like to watch Arsenal choke season after season. If they don't win it this season, i can't see how they will ever win whilst Wenger is still in charge. It's not as if United were really that good yesterday, we just seemed to want it a bit more and took our chances.
As to the game and stand out performers, Rashford really looks like he has a chance, physically he looks to be strong enough and have enough pace to worry defenders. He made some really clever runs as for instance the run and set up he made for the third goal. And as we have seen in both games he can finish, the headed second goal was really classy.
I thought Varela grew into the game, though he is still far better going forward than defending. but he defended reasonably well during the second half. Fosu-Mensah looked more nervous than I expected him to be and whilst he didn't really catch the eye, again, physically he coped reasonably well, he wasn't bullied or outpaced.
Can we keep the good run going, nothing would surprise me less than us fucking up against Watford, though I expected that yesterday so fingers crossed.

No comments: