Monday, April 7, 2014

7 Days of Funk to TOY

Music

7 Days of Funk - 7 Days of Funk: I enjoyed this Snoop Dogg - Dam Funk collaboration, though it's not as Funk as i expected, it's more hip hop based really, still it's a good listen.

Caitlin Rose - The stand in: I don't listen to much country, though i do like some of it, this veers towards country rock and is a pretty good album.

Factory Floor - Factory Floor: A pretty good electronica long player, more to the experimental side than to the dance floor, well worth a listen.

Mogwai - Rave tapes: Even though i did hear some of their stuff when they first started out in the 90's, it's only over the last few years that I've started listening to this lot. They're an excellent band, and this is a more than decent album, can't think why I never listened to them the first time around.

Nine Inch Nails - Hesitation marks: Another act that got going in the 90's, that I never really followed. I heard one album that I liked, but I can't even remember what it was called. Another fail on my behalf, because I'm really into this.

The Fall - The Remainderer: Not reall an album but too long for an E.P, it's not bad, but not up to the standard of the last three or four albums, it never really gets going.

TOY - TOY: I enjoyed their first album, and this was a worthy follow up to my ears, mind you they're yet another psychedelic stroke krautrock stroke late 60's influenced band and I can't really get enough of that.

No comments: