Friday, March 20, 2015

Result over performance!

So this weekend we may find out whether last weekend's surprise performance, as in where did that come from, was a one off or a sign that maybe Van Gaal has got a clue what he's doing. By finding out, I mean the way we approach the game and compete. It's United v Liverpool so we could play reasonably well and still get beat or alternately as in the mid noughties play crap and steal a 1-0 win. Looking forward it would better to get a performance, but for this week and this week only, fuck that, any kind of result will do!

Music
Alt-J - This is all yours: I never got around to this when it first came out, I can see why it was critically lauded, it's very good.

Baxter Dury - It's A Pleasure: I enjoyed the last album and this is a pretty good follow up. Vocally he still sounds just like his old man, the quirky indie/pop not so much, it's another enjoyable album.

Clark - Clark: The sonic adventurer returns, I wasn't sure it was as good as some people had cracked up to be on my first few listens, but I got there in the end, excellent stuff, again.

Future Islands - Singles: I hadn't heard these before this album, then again I don't think that many had, a break through album for the US electro pop act that works pretty well. I'll be interested to hear their next album, I might be wrong but they have a sound that could get a bit samey.

Hookworms - The hum: Yet another psychedelic with a hint of krautrock indie act, UK this time, can't complain, it's one of my favourite genre's. It's a pretty fine album, not world beating, but full of decent tunes and full of promise.

Jim Noir - Finnish Line: I'm a big fan of Manchester's own Jim Noir, sure his music is pretty derivative, 60's and very Beatles influenced, but his albums are full of great tunes.

Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry – Nu School of Planet Dub: I love Scratch Perry, and this is yet another album well worth a listen.


No comments: