Sunday, April 19, 2015



Black Rivers - Black Rivers: I don't know whether Doves have permanently split up, or whether they are on a sabattical. But Jimi Goodwin's sol album was a pretty decent affair and this effort from the bassist and sticksman brothers is if anything even better.

Blues Pills - Blues Pills: A decent blues rock album from this Scandi outfit

Gaz Coombes - Matador:This got a 5 star rating in Mojo, it's a very good album, but I don't think it's that good. It's funny that he seems to have eschewed the heavier stuff from his Supergrass days, I hope that that's just temporary.

Paul Smith & Peter Brewis - Frozen By Sight: I wasn't sure what to expect from this no rock/pop collaboration from the two natives of the north east. But it sounded an interesting album and it is indeed a pretty good album.

Quincy Jones - The Quintessence: Whilst I like Quincy Jones late 60's early 70's material, I've never really been that much of a fan of Big band Jazz. After listening to this I might have to revise my idea's because this is a stupendously good album.

St Vincent - St Vincent: This got some great reviews last year and it's easy to see why, it doesn't fit any neat genre boxes, it's just an album full of some great tunes from the US artist Annie Clark.

The Coral - The Curse of Love: I knew this wasn't a new album, but didn't know it was a bunch of songs from 2006 that had been scrapped. It's a decent affair if that's the case, I hope we will get some new stuff eventually because I think they're a cracking band.


No comments: