Friday, November 27, 2015




Music

Dam-Funk - Invite the Light: I've heard a couple of their collaborative albums over the last couple of years which I've liked but I'm afraid I really couldn't get into this. It's too long and the tracks seem to blend into each other, but not ina good way.

Ezra Furman - Perpetual Motion: This is the first album of his that I've heard, It definitely won't be the last, this is a superb album. I'm not sure why but it reminds me at times of early Frank Zappa, amomgst others things.

Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge - Twelve Reasons to Die: After listening to his latest collaboration with babadnotgood which was a pretty good album I went back to this album from a couple of years back. It's another belter, if anything even better.

Kyle Eastwood - Timepieces: Another decent slab of modern jazz from Eastwood junior.

LHF - For The Thrown: Don't know much about this London Collective, but I know that this is very good.

Mondo Drag - Mondo Drag: Excellent retro psych rock from this California band, I can never get enough of this type of music when it's done well and this is done well.

Wilco - Star Wars: They are a cracking band and whilst this may not be their best album it's another cracking listen, top man is Jeff Tweedy.


No comments: