Tuesday, November 17, 2015





Music

Emmylou Harris & Rodney Crowell - The Travelling Kind: If You liked Robert Plant's stuff with Alison Krauss you'll definitely love this, the type of country music I do like.

Foals - What Went Down: I have liked their albums, though I never thought the debut was as good as some critics made out. They have got better with each album and this is definitely their best yet, very good.

Tom McRae  & The Standing Band - Did I Sleep And Miss The Border: A good album, it reminded me of I am Kloot's Johnny Bramwell amongst others at times, full of excellent tunes.

Toro Y Moi - What For: They pack a fair few different type of influences into their sound, but it gels into a very listenable sound, another impressive effort.

Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Multi-Love: With a name like that you expect them to be some kind of psych/krautrock type band, but it's a far more foot tapping experience, maybe not quite as good as Tor Y Moi's album, but not far off at all.

Various Artists - Too Slow to Disco 2: I have to admit for the first few listens this veered far to close easy listening for my tastes, but I ended up loving it. The number of great lost tracks outweigh the few tunes that are probably still too easy listening for my tastes.

Various Artsist - Boom Peru! Bass Bleeps and Bumps from Peru's Electric Underground: Electronica with a latin flavour that I wasn't sure would work, but in fact works pretty well and every now and then magnificently.

Wolf Alice - My Love is Cool  2015: A decent indie album with bits of synth along the way, when it shines it really does shine, there is a bit of filler along the way though.






No comments: