Friday, September 4, 2015

Music
ASAP Rocky - At Long Last: I one reviewer describe this as pychedelic hip hop and couldn't really imagine what that would sound like, but after listening to it, that's a pretty good description. It's a very good album.

Giant Sand - Heartbreak Pass: I have a fair bit obout Howe Gelb and knew Giant Sand was the band he was in, but have never really listened to any albums of their's. If this is the standard, will have to listen to some more, pretty good stuff.

Hot Chip - Why Make Sense: The crtics have always seemed to praise all of their albums to the sky. But whilst I have always thought they were pretty decent, I have neve really thought they loved up to the hype. To me this is easily the best album they have made excellent.

Jamie xx - In Colour: A solo album from The XX man. Not sure it's that different from the day job, but it's a quality listen.

My Morning Jacket - The Waterfall: I know they have been going a pretty long time and have a fair catalogue, but I've only heard a couple of them. And yet i really liked both of those, in fact listening to this reminded me of just how good they are. Memo to self, must listen to more My Morning Jacket.

Tame Impala - Currents: His third album has been heralded as a departure, his "disco" album. It certainly is a sharp break from the preceeding to albums, not sure about the disco bit though. It's certainly more commercial and catchy, but I'm not really hearing the funk undertones of disco on this. It's a good album, still can't make my mind up, how good it is though.

The Chemical Brothers - Born in the Echoes: They have yet to make an album that I didn't like and a fair few were absloute classics. This is one of the better ones without being a classic though.


Back to philosophy on the next post, doh!





No comments: