Friday, September 18, 2015




Music

Everything Everything - Get To Heaven: There are a few bands that have come along since Everything Everything burst onto the scene who have followeda similar template. None are as good in my opinion, another very listenable album.

Ghost Culture - Ghost Culture: An excellent debut album, it's as good as the new Leftfield album, nuff said.

Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Buterfly: Another superb hip hop album from this year, another where the backing music is taken from all over the shop, ambitious and done well.

Leftfield - Alternative Light Source: My first thoughts on this comeback album from the one half remaining member of the band was how good it is, and it is a very good listen. But it made me go back to their debut Leftism, now that really was some album wasn't it.

Nadine Shah - Fast Food: I missed the first album from this geordie indie artiste, I may have to search it out because this follow up album is right up my street.

Sea Of Bees - Build A Boat To The Sun: A pretty good slice of indie pop from Californian Julie Ann Baenziger, deserves a wider audience.

Sleaford Mods - Key Markets: A successful follow up to their breakthrough album Divide and Exit. I love the minimalist Fall minus guitar sound and his lyrics crack me up as well give vent to his scatter range anger.

Viet Cong - Viet Cong: This album took a few listens but it's a fine effort, not really sure how you'd categrise them, except to say they need to be listened to with the volume up.








No comments: