Thursday, January 21, 2016



Benjamin Clementine – At Least For Now: I'll b honest I really couldn't get into this on th first couple of listens and I'm still not really sure just what I think of it. Musically it's clever and whilst I don't think it was worthy of the Mercury, I can se why they awarded it. But his vocals are a bit too affectd for my taste.

Christian Scott - Stretch Music: This was miles more my scene, fusion, jazz/rock whatever it's a cracking listen.

Deerhunter – Fading Frontier: Another very listenable album from the US indie outfit headed by Bradford Cox, it's not up there with their very best, but they are one of the better indie groups around.

John Grant - Grey Tickles, Black Pressure: Another decent solo album from the former Czars man, though I don't think the two follow up's to his debut album have got anywhere near the level of the excellence of that. There are great individual songs, but maybe two or three songs too many thin things out a bit.

Josh Ritter - Sermon On The Rocks: A pretty good album from the US singer songwriter, the following tracks being one of the highlights.

Sexwitch – Sexwitch: Bats for Lashes Natasha Khan's latest incarnation accompanied by the band Toy is not bad, but nothing special as far as I'm concerned, it's nowhere near as good as Bats for Lashes first album anyhoo or any of Toy's own work.

Todd Rundgren - Something, Anything: I have never heard any of his solo stuff, I've always been put off by his association with Meat Loaf. What a mistake that was, if this is anything to go by, a double album of some genius. I haven't really got much patience fr double albums anymore, but how many are packed full of great and diverse songs as this blinder has on it. More albums shall be listened to!


No comments: