Thursday, August 9, 2007

LAST PRE SEASON FRIENDLIES

I managed to see the 60 minutes of the Dunfermline game last night. It was great to see Scholes back and playing for 90 minutes, and to see Hargreaves play for a big chunk of the match also. The most pleasing aspect of most of these friendlies has been how most of the youngsters have slotted in, and mostly not look overawed or out of place. That would suggest that the coaching at the club is doing it's job for us.
Pique really looks the part now, i expect we will see quite a bit of him this season. He would be my third choice centre half, so if either Rio or Nemanja get injured I would be picking him ahead of Wes Brown, Silvestre or Johnny Evans. I would like to see Johnny Evans get a few games this season, but i am not really sure where he is going to get them. I had thought he might get a few games at right back, I cant see Gary Neville playing Saturday and Wednesday once he gets fit, but i think Wes Brown and Hargreaves might be fighting for that berth. I know we have bought Hargreaves for the holding role in midfield, but i can see him figuring at right back every now and then. You need some engine to play there for us, getting up and down the pitch overlapping, and he has definitely got a good engine.
The player who has impressed me the most pre season has got to be Rooney, he looks like a man on a mission to me. We all know by the standards of what he had done in his first two seasons last year saw his form dip a bit. Now with two new forwards Nani and Anderson newly arrived at the club, and seemingly nobody guaranteed to start every game, he looks like he is trying to say drop me if you dare.

The telegraph has an interview with the legend that is Ole http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/08/09/sfnsol109.xml . I am not too sure what this season has in store for Ole, with Tevez to come i can't see him being on the subs bench too much this season, but i hope we can give him something to go out with a bang to.
Action from last nights match.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoLe_ZTwWJI

No comments: